Thursday, March 28, 2019

Snowmen Beaded Star for Christmas (CH0515)

This Snowmen Beaded Star, a Christmas ornament is my second peyote star, the first being the Poinsettia Beaded Star.

Snowmen Beaded Star for Christmas (CH0515)



This snowman beaded star:

  • was crafted in peyote stitch
  • made with approximately 8,400 (delica) beads
  • xx
  • approx. 18 colours
  • inserted with stuffing for shaping

Snowmen Beaded Star was from a paid pattern named “Snowmen 3D Peyote Star Beading Pattern” by The Tales of Beads (on Etsy) in Dec 2018 for A$9.20 This is a very well written tutorial, comes in a 5-part download, with written as well as graphical illustration.

(I thought I would prefer the graphical illustration as I normally do with all things crafty, but the written instructions turned out to be much easier for me to follow).

Tip:
structured 3D peyote beading like this has a firmer body structure when using Delica beads rather than the round rocailles.





In May 2023, Snowman Beaded Christmas Star was gifted to my brother, Syl. I know it is now in good hands - in the hands of someone who loves to decorate and fill his home with festive cheer.