Sunday, May 29, 2016

Tangerine Madness Gloves - beaded fingerless (CH0276j)

Tangerine Madness Gloves – beaded with Swarovski, stretchy, a perfect fit. I love love love this pair of gloves. And so yes, I kept them!!!

❤️ Tangerine Madness Gloves - beaded fingerless (CH0276j)



This Tangerine Madness pair of handmade gloves is a joyful exuberance of bright colors, funky sparkles, and a looking forward to warmer clime while being splendiferously luxurious in the winter season.

While the gloves may deceptively look as if they are too lacy to be warm, that is not true at all.


Unbelivable Funkiness! Sparkles (and who doesn’t like sparkles eh?) and amazing, not-to-be-ignored Neon Orange from Swarovski! Fire & Joy!

When I made this pair of gloves, I felt I had moved into the big leagues at last! All in my mind of course, but then, so is my world!

After the endless pairs of gloves I had made and sold, I was finally confident in combining SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS into my gloved world – and oh, what a pleasure and joy it is to see the brightness of colours and the depth of fire and sparkle that only Swarovski can bring.




Some Notes on the making of Tangerine Madness Crochet Gloves

The Tangerine Madness Gloves is made in fine, stretch viscose yarn. The stretch in the yarn provides the final perfect fit for the wearer. The stretchiness is so good that it always comes back to shape and the fit retains a wonderful snugness.


I crocheted in the newly released Swarovski Neon Orange crystal pearls all round for the cuff. It is also used exclusively on the back. For the front of the gloves, I combined the beautifully bright Neon Orange pearls with a smattering of Swarovski colored crystal beads, giving it a light-enhanced dimension that only the flashes of Swarovski brilliance can endow.


In this close-up photo below, I tried to make the image a tat lighter so that some of the stitches would be more discernible. In reality, the black is blacker than this – a true black.

For this set of gloves, I have used 46 stitches for the body. To create the flare, I used the graphed crochet stitch shown below. For the Foundation Row 1, I first chain-stitched 69 (=46+23) Toho (sz 11/0) seed beads around. The stitch will then give 46 stitches for the next row (Row 1). Thereafter, the glove is worked in 46 stitches throughout.

Note: I have not specified the specific crochet stitche(s) I used. You can use just about any stitch of your choice.

Please refer to Daily Charm Crochet Gloves for more details. I have provided more details there so I won’t reproduce the underlying logic here again.


SPECIFICS
Size: Small

Materials
stretchy viscose (USA)
Toho seed beads (size 11/0)
Swarovski Neon Orange crystal pearls (4mm)
Swarovski crystal XILION bicone beads (4mm) – Mint Alabaster, Indigo, Sunflower


Care/Maintenance
As with most handmade crafts, a bit of loving care will ensure the longetivity and optimal upkeep of the piece.

Recommended:
Gentle Handwash in Cold or Warm water
Use dry towel to absorb moisure.
Dry flat to prevent mis-shaping items.

(Status: mine!)