Friday, October 21, 2016

Podge - Amigurumi Crochet Doorstop (CH0415)

This is Podge. He (some say ‘she’) is an Amigurumi Crochet Doorstop.

Podge - Amigurumi Crochet Doorstop (CH0415)



Sometime ago, I got into the headspace of first trying my hands at amigurumi stuffed creations. Then as is the wont of these things, it became a daily obsession. Since then I have made quite a number and have been meaning ever since to write about it. Or to provide links to useful sites and/or patterns I have found along the way.

xx

Blogging is always assigned the lowest priority. Now I am too many blog posts to catch up on. So now I am just going to plonk in some photos of Podge. And maybe let him have his say.




Podge Amigurumi Has His Say

Hi, my name is Podge. I was named on Facebook by Vicki-anne Carter. I have chosen a career in being a petted doorstop and look forward to living in a lovely home.

I weight 1.5kg so I am not too fat, not too thin, but just right.

I would say I am about average height coming in at 52cm.

My personality is a bit sassy and a bit bouncy.

My maker is a big believer in trying to recycle as much as she can and to do her little bit in not creating more waste on the planet. So I am made of new sturdy acrylic yarn as well as acrylic blends. I am a pretty strong boy.

Now I say I am a boy but some people do think I am a bit girly. All because I have these lovely eyelashes. (My maker needle-tatted them for me.)

I have my own little vest so you don’t have to shy your eyes away from my nakedness. My buttons are cute and vintage. The buttons are nicely curved though from some of the photos, you might be forgiven to think I had pointy tits.

I am been nicely fabric treated (Scotch guard) to give me some protection against liquid and dirt. And my bum has been treated to be non-slip. I tell you this so that you know what a good job I will do holding doors open, or shut .. as the case may be.
Status: 1.5k 0B0 et


Maker’s Note:

This Podge design was based on a free baby giraffe pattern by Courtney Deley. The basic pattern is available as a pdf download over at Ravelry. However Podge insists he is not a giraffe, baby or otherwise. He is … whatever he wants to be.