Monday, November 21, 2016

Crochet Amigurumi Kangaroo - Lalla & Looly (CH0416)

This pair of mommy+baby amigurumi crochet kangaroo is named “Lalla & Looly”. And they say a thank you to my talented friend Chantel McCabe (facebook) for naming them. This is mildly adapted from a lalylala design.

Crochet Amigurumi Kangaroo - Lalla & Looly (CH0416)



Lalla & Looly was made in my early days of getting used to crochet amigurumi. I have known about this form of crocheting for a long time but was never attracted to it. My brother and neice even gave me an amigurumi book for Christmas many years ago. But still I was not attracted to it. The moral of which is that: you never know when an obsession can begin! hahaha!

When I start into what looks like it might become a fascinating obsession, I like to research. That involves spending (way too much) time looking at Google and Pinterest. For ideas, for how-to, for free patterns. Anything that will help the juices flow, so to speak. Sometimes I even am willing to buy a pattern because it looks too delicious.

I don’t often like to work off patterns. I think it partly laziness and partly I always enjoy the unexpectedness of surprising outcomes when one is working without standard patterns. However patters ARE great. One can learn so many new techniques and ideas from patterns.

And that is what I was doing here. I bought a fantastic lalylala pattern. I would highly recommend this pattern. Lalylala patterns are very distinctive and of course, adorable. Her instructions are clear. You can find this pattern on her Etsy store at KIRA the kangaroo • lalylala crochet pattern.

Now I will just show you some detailed photos of this adorable crochet amigurumi kangaroo, Lalla & Looly.
Tip: this is a WIP photo. Here I recycled some cardboard tubes and inserted it into the neck hollow. The tube should extend into the body and head. This will help prevent wobbly heads – which is one of the common problems in amigurumi and doll-making. This was not part of Lalylala’s pattern.
This photo shows a close-up of the crochet stitch used. I think, as per pattern, I just used a standard single crochet (sc) stitch. In my later amigurumi endeavours, I started using denser and stronger crochet stitches like the Waistcoat Stitch (aka knit-sc stitch).
And the baby Looly is detachable from mommy Lalla.

Approx. Specifications
• 54 cm tall
• 700g wt
Materials
• acrylic yarn
• recycled materials for stuffing (yarn cut-offs, material cut-offs, polyester stuffing)


(Status: 0K0)


Crochet Amigurumi Kangaroo - Lalla & Looly (CH0416)