Friday, May 26, 2017

Flower Gloves - beaded crochet fingerless gloves (CH0443)

Flower Gloves – I have been thinking of making beaded crochet fingerless gloves for a while now. Quite a while. And I have finally done it!

Beaded Flower Gloves - Small (CH0443)

Beaded Flower Gloves: Where Glamour Meets Practicality




Materials & Specifications

Approx. Size: Small

(will fit 15-17cm handsize – Refer to How to Measure Hands & Gloves Chart).
Yarn: • yarn: 50% viscose, 50% bamboo
• Japanese Miyuki silver lined crystal, 8/0
Crochet Technique/Stitch: Beaded Crochet
Care: Recommended cold/warm gentle hand wash. Squeeze (not wring) out water. Roll in dry towel to absorb more moisture. Dry flat.
Status: 175/280 0BL -t

Flower Gloves is made with strong yet soft viscose & bamboo yarn. The flower design comes to glamourous life in their silver-lined bead integration. The beads are crocheted into the work as part of a secure, integrated whole.

Each glove-opening is securely and neatly finished off with crab stitch at the tips and a suitably satisfying wavy, reverse shell stitch at the wrist end.

These are semi-long gloves, made in the fingerless style for maximum comfort and practicality for the fingers, yet ensuring support and warmth for the entire hand.

This pair of Flower Gloves is meant to be worn snug and is a Small size.

The gloves have a dense, warm fabric. Ideal for party wear, night-time outings, and even everyday engagements. The palms section are unbeaded for a smooth, untroubling grasp and usage.

As usual, this is a one-off design.




Beaded Crochet Flower Gloves: Worknotes

  • Hook: 2.5mm (Tulip)
  • 42 stitches, worked in the round
Crochet Chart: Left

Crochet Chart: Right

I have included the charts I made for this pair of gloves. I adapted the design from a graphed pattern (not for gloves) which I found on the internet. However I don’t remember where I got the picture from. If someone identifies the source (of the flower design), please contact me so I can give credit where credit is due.

Note: I graphed this out for 46stitches, round. Which I think would have given me a large size. This pair of Flower Gloves however are made with only 42stitches round.

The beads are crocheted in as part of the work. I used back-to-front vertical beading – which probably won”t mean anything to anyone but will serve as a reminder for myself. (Sorry, not enough time to do a full tutorial on how to bead crochet. Maybe one day.)



Go and be Crafty in the World!