Monday, July 10, 2017

Colourful Crochet Hat - overlay crochet for winter (CH0452)

Colourful Crochet Hat/Beanie: A very comfortable, colourful hat to brighten any winter’s day.

Colourful Crochet Hat/Beanie (CH0452)



Worked in overlay crochet technique and incorporates multiple colours to produce a vibrant hat. It reminds me of the colourful and happy African hats!

This hat is pretty much free size. I have purposely not made it as snug as I normally would. I was thinking of a girlfriend who always seems to have difficulties in buying beanies or hats that will fit her. Most of them are too tight and small for her. So with that in mind, I made this in slightly more comfortable size.

FYI: I normally take small to medium sizes. And this also fits me perfectly.




Materials & Specifications

Approx. Size: • Medium - Medium Large
• fits head circumference: 55cm+ (21.6in)
• depth: 11.5cm (4.5 inch)
Yarn: Acrylic yarns
Crochet Technique/Stitch: Overlay Crochet
Care: Recommended cold/warm gentle hand wash. Squeeze (not wring) out water. Roll in dry towel to absorb more moisture. Dry flat.
Status: SOLD 080/185 0LL (to Christine's friends)



Brief Personal Work Notes on CH0452 Colourful Crochet Hat

  • overlay crochet (much of it adapted from purchased patterns/etsy: LillaBjornCrochet)
  • 2-3mm crochet hook
  • approximately 80st round widest circumference