Saturday, November 4, 2017

Arty Bin - transforming a plastic bin (CH0478)

I bought a plastic bin as a recycle bin for wine & beer bottles. But my partner didn’t like it. So I had to make it into an Art Bin. And now he loves it!

Art Bin - transforming a plastic bin (CH0478)



Arty Bin; How to

The plastic bin has a shinny surface. To be able to paint on it, the surface has to have some “teeth” so that it will hold the paint.
I wouldn’t have thought of it, but for my brother, Xavier. The first step is to Jif the entire bin. This removes that slippery glossy surface.
Next, roughen the surface more with sandpaper. This will give “teeth” to the surface and so, will bond better to the paint.



Sketching

Sketch some designs with a pencil. (I got my inspirations from looking at the fabulously colourful painted items by Helen Heins Peterson; and also the art of Taieb Ayat.)

Look closely to see the sketch lines.




Outline with Marker Pen




Paint & Finish

used a variety of acrylic paints.



Finished~

Arty Bin - transforming a plastic bin (CH0478)