Friday, May 18, 2018

C2C Crochet Lap Blanket - Marimekko (CH0495)

A dear friend of mine loves Marimekko designs. I just learnt C2C crochet. It seemed a perfect time for me to attempt a lap blanket, using corner to corner crochet. This was inspired by the well known Marimekko designs.

A Marimekko inspired design: C2C Crochet Lap Blanket

My friend loves relaxing on her couch, reading or TV-ing. And with winter about to happen here, I hope she will find this both useful and lovable.

I graphed it, then crocheted it. Working from corner to corner.

Note:
• even though I have numbered my graph (also called graphghan) as shown in the following image, I think there is something wrong. But I can’t remember what it was!!
• I normally love working with graphs rather than text alone. But C2C graphs are read at a diagonal. And for projects any larger than this, reading from a graph will get harder and harder.

I have also personalised this lap blanket for my special friend. After all, this is a bespoke item!

Her name is bead woven in peyote stitch and then sewn on.
The border in worked in 3D Wave Fan Edging.