Tuesday, June 26, 2018

C2C Crochet Lap Blanket - abstract design (CH0508)

This C2C Crochet lap blanket is based on an abstract art I saw on Pinterest. I can’t find it now and I don’t know who to credit the design to. If you know, please do let me know.

C2C Crochet Lap Blanket (CH0508)

This is one of the times when I have to tell you that the item IRL (in real life) is much better than the camera can capture.


WIP Notes

can’t remember which online C2C generator I used to produce the graphghan. Sorry. But that was only the draft stage. I still had to clean up the generated graph. And it was very time consuming. For that I used Inkspace (an alternative to the more expensive Adobe Illustrator).

The graph is still not very good. C2C crochet is one of the few forms of crochet that I think lends itself better to words rather than to visual graphing. I had to use the visual graph I generated because there is virtually no free graphghan for C2C crochet that can generate the words version of the graph.

Trying to read the graph is not easy. And you have to read at 45° which is not something that the eyes can do naturally.

Anyway I might have to do a detailed experiment and tutorial on how to use a spreadsheet to generate a C2C crochet graphghan. And I will keep investigating a software or a means of generating the word version of the graph. But I have to leave that task for the future ….

Addendum:
This piece was one of my early attempts at C2C crochet. Since then, I have come up with a way to do graphing of more complex C2C designs. If I ever get round to it, I will post my later works using this method. And if possible, I will try to write up how it is done.


Crochet Border

The photos above were mostly taken before I added the finishing border to it. Below is the finished and trimmed item together with the crochet border stitch used.